- Release Date November 11, 2006
- CPU Dual-core Cell processor based on IBM POWER and 7-core SPE @3.2 GHz
- Graphics RSX developed by NVIDIA and SCE @550 MHz
- Memory 256 MB XDR DRAM, 256 MB GDDR3 video
- Sound Dolby Surround Sound 7.1ch, DTS, LPCM
- Media Blu-ray ,Dual Disc, Memory Stick, SD Card, CF,20 GB, 40 GB, 60 GB, 80 GB, 120 GB, 160 GB, 250 GB, 320 GB or 500 GB
- Manufacturer Sony Corporation
PlayStation 3. Third game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. Currently this is the strongest competitor to Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Nintendo's Wii. Sony unveiled this game console to the public for the first time during a conference call on May 16, 2005 at E3, the Electronic Entertainment Expo. In this event the functional version of this was not shown due to hardware problems and power cuts, although there were demonstrations of games such as Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots.It was released for the first time in Japan on November 11, 2006, in North America on November 17, 2006 and finally on March 23, 2007 it was released in Europe and Australia.
The PlayStation 3 has a convex shape on its left side when it is upright. It is usually finished in black with the PlayStation 3 logo on the left side, although it can also be found in white, silver, and gun-metal gray.